At MSD Inc., we specialize in custom sheet metal manufacturing for ductwork and fittings. Utilizing our specialized software, we are able to convert coordination models and field dimensioned drawings into individual piece number assemblies. These individual piece number assembly drawings are then automatically uploaded to our burner on the shop floor, where we construct our rectangular/spiral ductwork and fittings, as well as specialty products assemblies.
Our manufacturing process involves cutting flat sheet metal to the appropriate dimensions, forming the customized assemblies and joining them with welded or flanged connection points. This ensures that we are able to produce high-quality products that exceed our clients expectations.
Our rectangular duct and fittings are fabricated to the latest SMACNA standards. We also offer color-coordinated labels for every piece of duct for easier comparison to our fabrication drawings. This makes the installation process faster. Our advanced equipment enables us to produce ductwork quickly and efficiently. We offer lined, unlined, and dual wall products that are available in single and double wall construction.
Similarly, MSD fabricates all ductwork and fittings that conform to SMACNA standards. We stock products that consist of pipe and fittings up to 16″ diameter, with production capabilities up to 48″. Our highly experienced staff have the ability to produce spiral pipes and fittings in a cost-effective manner for our clients. Spiral Duct Single and Double Wall Construction options are also available.
At MSD Inc, we are committed to delivering high-quality products and services, and we take pride in our ability to provide our clients with custom sheet metal manufacturing solutions that meet their unique needs. If you’re looking for a reliable and professional partner for your custom sheet metal manufacturing needs, please contact TEAM MSD!
- Galvanized: A material that has been coated with a layer of zinc to prevent rust and corrosion.
Paint Grip: A type of material that has been chemically cleaned and primed to accept paint.
PVS: A type of coating that is applied to the surface of the material to provide a more durable and resistant finish.
Stainless Steel: A type of steel that contains chromium, which gives it its resistance to rust and corrosion.
Aluminum: A light-weight and corrosion-resistant metal that is often used in ductwork and fittings.
Pre-painted Steel: Steel that has been coated with paint before it is used in the manufacturing process.
26 GA. Through 16 GA: The thickness of the material, measured in gauge.
Longitudinal Seam Options:
- Pittsburgh Lock- sealed or unsealed: A type of seam that is created by rolling the edges of the material together, with or without sealant.
- Snap Lock- sealed or unsealed: A type of seam that is created by snapping the edges of the material together, with or without sealant.
- Welded: A type of seam that is created by welding the edges of the material together.
- Slips and Drive: A type of joint that is created by slipping the edges of the material together and then fastening them in place.
- Weld Flange: A type of joint that is created by welding a flange to the edges of the material.
- Companion Angle: A type of joint that is created by attaching an angle piece to the edges of the material.
- Raw Edge Flange: A type of joint that is created by attaching a flange to the raw edge of the material.
- Pocket Lock: A type of joint that is created by fitting one edge of the material into a pocket on the other edge.
- T.D.C: A type of joint that is created by fitting two edges of the material together and securing them with fasteners.
- SMACNA: Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association, provides standard guidelines for ductwork and fittings construction that is utilized as our means of quality control standards.
- Liners 1/2″, 1″, 2″: Insulating materials that can be added to the interior of the ductwork and fittings to improve energy efficiency.
- Single Turning Vanes: angled elements that can be added to the interior of ductwork to improve airflow.
- Shipped Knocked Down: The ductwork and fittings can be shipped in pieces and assembled on site.
- Insulation Nosing: A type of insulation that can be added to the edges of the ductwork and fittings to improve energy efficiency.
- Liner Pin Spacing: The spacing of the pins that hold the liner in place
- Material Releases: Material is released and manufactured and readily available to accommodate our clients schedules.
- Window Trim & Flashing
- Custom Sheetmetal Fabrication
- Welded Ducts (Galvanized, Black Iron and Stainless)
- Roof Curbs
- Equipment Rails
- Dog Houses
- Chimney Caps
- Drain Pans